You’ve decided to “get fit”. Now what? What do you plan to do differently this time to ensure that you reach your fitness goals? Are you fed up with your lack of “sticktoitiveness”, disappointed at your previous results, and yet still hopeful that this time will be different?
Ask yourself “How can I do better this time than my last attempt at getting fit? How can I actually accomplish my goals?”
In the past, the reality of carrying out your “plan” to “get fit” may have alluded you. You quickly started to see that you were spinning your wheels and were still in the same predicament you were the previous time you tried.
There’s a pattern here, right? What’s missing? Why is the pattern repeating?
There may be many reasons why you haven’t been able to implement your plan and reach your goals, but the main reason is likely to be the lack of accountability.
Perhaps you can relate to trying to reach the same goal repeatedly…by yourself, with no help and getting little to no results. Let’s focus on your health for instance.
Studies show that the person who actually achieves weight loss and transitions into a healthier lifestyle is the person who connected into some form of accountability program. It could be hiring a trainer, joining a health club, hiring a nutritionist, etc. It is something about having to answer to another person for your actions that motivates you to stay on track with your goals.
Accountability is what separates all super successful people and leaders from the mediocre. Even the most successful people have coaches.
Just as we need accountability to reach our finance and wealth goals (ever engaged a financial planner?), we need accountability to hit our health and wellness goals.
Now is the time you can live your “wellness” dreams and become the new Happier, Healthier, Stronger YOU.
Your ultimate success depends heavily on the accountability system that you have in place. You need someone to help you take a dream, develop it into goals, work out a strategy and execute a plan. Otherwise you run the risk of going through the next 12 months getting nothing but the same results of past years…
There should be someone in your circle of influence that you can confide in about your goals and enlist help from—preferably someone who has already helped others achieved what you are aiming to do.
Successful coaches most often enlist a coach themselves or participate in group coaching programs to gain accountability and reach their goals. The benefits of accountability relations are many, here are just 5:
5 Benefits To Having Accountability.
- Accountability accelerates your performance. When you connect with a wellness / fitness coach, you can work the kinks out of your plan, develop a sure-fire winning strategy and execute with confidence, knowing you have been guided by the best to achieve your goals.
- Accountability helps you measure your success and progress. A good coach will help you define what success looks like and set milestones to measure your progress along the way. You can easily track how close you are to reaching your goals.
- Accountability keeps you engaged. There are things that will come up that will distract you from your goals and take you off course. Knowing that your coach is there to monitor your progress will keep you going to the finish line.
- Accountability will keep you responsible. When you are working with someone who pushes you to make massive changes in a short amount of time… you finally realize that you are ultimately responsible for how much progress you make every day. Accounting for your actions weekly will cause you to take a good look at yourself, start eliminating the excuses and start making deliberate actions that bring about your intended success.
- Accountability will validate your thoughts and ideas. When you have someone to be accountable to you can silence your inner critic and bounce your ideas off someone else who can help you make sound decisions and give you constructive advice.
Start Now. Take Action!
Creating and establishing accountability doesn’t have to be a long drawn out process. In fact, here are three simple steps to becoming accountable for your health and wellness.
- Find a purpose partner to keep you accountable. Tell your purpose partner what you intend to do so you can be accountable. Allow them to ask you about your progress and be careful to give straight forward answers—with no excuses.
- Become personally accountable for your success. Personal responsibility will shift your perspective and empower you to eradicate the excuses that may be holding you up.
- Get a mentor or a coach. With a mentor or coach, you will accelerate your success, break through limitations and achieve much more than you ever can on your own.
If you genuinely want to achieve more with your health and wellness than you have in the past, then join refreshYOU to accelerate your success right now. We’ll provide the accountability YOU need to ensure your wellness and health results.
There’s nothing like in-person coaching. It’s your opportunity to get first- hand instruction, inspiration and information to improve your fitness and wellness goals. Plus, you’ll be among many like-minded, health focused buddies in the refreshYOU community with whom you can form lasting relationships!
Now it’s your turn to start your wellness and health journey with result focused accountability, taking fast action, and zeroing in on your goals to achieve your health outcomes.
It’s time YOU do what it takes to achieve you’re your results, with all the support and accountability you could ever want to keep you on track.
Let us show you how to be the Happier, Healthier, Stronger YOU!
Written by David Bowman , refreshYOU Lindfield and Turramurra.